Saturday, November 12, 2011

NIGHT & DAY - A MIRACLE

Night & Day - A Miracle
 Working Days
Asalamualaikum  & Hello
What i missed ?!!

Upon reflection I never realize that when  I was working  I did not care to look at the sky and the sun in the mornings. I was rushing off to work... Why should I ? I thought then ...why fuss ...it's there always  ...where will it go ??? Anyway what  was there to look at ? It was dark when I left for  work and my head was full of what to do  "today" or what to submit  "today" and when the sun starts to shine I was already running to punch in. My card  was always near red alert!!! So how to notice the sky and the sun !!! When in the office I do not know the time unless I look at my watch. Most of the time I will be running to meeting rooms for meeting, meeting and more meetings ....and of course always arriving in the nick of time !!! Whooshhhh!!! That was life then !!!
View from my office window

Mornings and sun for me sort of  did not exist. It was replaced  by the flourescent lights that lit the office rooms, the corridors and everywhere else. Days in the office passes  by so quickly and although I have the most beautiful view from my office window I never had the chance to appreciate it as my fingers will be on the keyboard of the desk computer or my blackberry giving instructions to my subordinates or checking the e mails that seem to flow in like the river nile !

 On top of that I did not even notice that evening has arrived and the sun has set. I would be alerted  that evening has arrived by the hand fon alarm that I have  set as a  reminder for me  to  "solat magrib"              ( evening prayers) just before I hit for a place call home...on a lucky day !...Of course by the time I am  home it was already pitch dark ..what quality of life did I have then ! Hurmmm.... would it be appropriate to call it  "Darkness"....  ?!!

ever witnessed ?
 Dusk & Dawn & The Quran

What about now? Now? Now that I am a pensioner I have the pleasure to witness both dusk and dawn from the long windows of my "mousoullah" (a place for worship in my home) and I even notice that  the process of dusk and dawn is clearly outlined in the Quran as below  :
Quran Surah 36, Yassin,  verse 37
" And the night is another sign for them. We strip the day from it and they become plunged into darkness " 

 Quran surah 36, Yassin verse 38
 " The sun is running it's course to it's appointed place. That is the ordaining of the All-Mighty, the All-Knowing "


 verse 39
 " we have appointed stages for the moon till it returns in the shape of a dry old branch palm tree"
Verse 40
 " Neither does it lie in the sun's power to overtake the moon nor can the night outstrip the day . All glide along , each in it's own orbit "

coming of dawn


How true? Before darkness befall we can witness the process of stripping when the light in the horizon starts to fade away in stages. The astronauts in this case have the privelege to witness the above process from the orbit as this process of stripping is clearly seen if one is really above this world. Try to google and see for yourself !  But since we are here on this earth try to observe when the sun rise or set..The sky from pale blue throughout the day suddenly slowly transformed itself into glamourous gold autumn colour and is most beautiful! Mashaallah ! Then in a split second darkness engulf us  all like a huge black blanket. You suddenly cannot see what you saw a minute ago..what you can see of course is what man made light let you see.....limited in depth and distance  .... without it, it's total darkness ...subhanallah ...


 The magic of dusk & dawn
process of stripping

 I read the above passages over and over again and now as dawn approaches. I watch in awe as the rays of the sun penetrates the earth at the speed of light yet seem at its own pace and all of a sudden  this world is lit ...


Butterfly


My garden from total darkness come to life again showing off its different colours  through the leaves in the trees, the flowers and the grass.





Hmm..Honey !
Even the birds starts to chirp incessantly and the squirrels start to appear from nowhere running up and down the garden... everything plants, insects and animals busy doing their business   smiling and dancing as if thanking god for the light of the day ...


A Fly ?
Dawn the most peaceful part of the day..the most refreshing...the point where life starts again...  As long as  the moon and the sun and everything in the galaxy all glide along each in it's own orbit ....just as stated in the quran as above ....we will witness dawn and dusk every other day ....
Dawn or Dusk ?



THE END
However do not take forgranted that  dawn and dusk awaits you forever ....one day it won't...because  the day will come when the sun and the moon  will not be there as clearly stated  in the Quran surah 75 Qiyamah  Verse 9 ......." the sun and the moon are joined together" ......

BANG !!!! its THE END ....of the world ....

Subhanallah .... We are but small and at HIS mercy ......but for now Thank you Allah....

Fb
Fauziah2010@yahoo.com
fbfauziah@gmail.com
photograhed by Fb rights reserved

2 comments:

  1. Best la, Datuk. Your advises have enlighten my life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anita apa khabak? Hang dah baca post yang baru ke? Tajuk House or home ..if dah baca jwawab soalan i di last paragraph ok.?bila nak mai dgn Hajar semua ...mai ok let me know one of these fridays makan makan ok .fb

      Delete