Wednesday, October 12, 2011

STRIVE TO BE PERFECT OR STRIVE TO BE BETTER

Bougeanvilla
Strive to be better or strive to be perfect I ask myself?  Somehow more often I have heard myself saying many times  " it has to be perfect "   and I have also heard some of my friends say "I am a perfectionist so this wedding has to be perfect" and lately I heard a friend say " ...but nobody is perfect" ....so in other words are  some of us   striving to be   perfect without us realizing it? 
Begonia

The question is what we think is perfect, is it really perfect ? I began to reflect...in inventions nothing is static..it evovle with time...what we think is perfect today may be history in the future... Just look at telephones  and how it has  evovled to what it is now, so small, pocket size, multifunctional  and still evovling .The same is happening to so many other human inventions. Think about it !? It made me wonder whether  the inventors are chasing after perfection .

Petunia
Then I ask myself can perfect be like beauty ? Beauty they say is in the eyes of  the beholder. What  is perfect then? If perfect is also in the eyes of the beholder then what is perfect to you may not be perfect to me and the others. So as long as we are human does it mean that   perfection is beyond our reach?.
kantan
Well, if we can recall the recent tsunami in Japan, analysts did say that when the nuclear power plant was built inventors did make calculations and  took into consideration probabability of occurence  of such an event. However in reality when tsunami hit the area  the nuclear power plants could  not withstand the force of nature. Complications arose due to nuclear gas leak and the tragedy saddened the whole world  and touches everyone's heart . A  memory that will remain if not haunt some of us for a very very long  time.So the question that arise is what lesson  learnt ? Does it mean we humans can only try our best and strive to achieve perfection but to be perfect is near impossible because the concept of  perfect is godliness...it belongs to HIM .. Only Allah is perfect and perfection is HIS. His creation is always perfect and what he created if we think is imperfect is only a matter of  opinion from our point of view...He has his reasons... and that makes it perfect...
fusion of leaves

fusion of flowers
Of course I had to go  to my garden to find perfection. I immediately saw perfection  was all over ...I look at the leaves , they are green but if you  look at it closely they are different shades of green, different in shape and sizes, similar yet not the same. If you examine closer you will be able to notice all these differences.They   like humans, have their own   "thumbprint"! .  I looked at my  roses which was blooming in the dozens  and they look beautiful...the colors perfect...the shape perfect...the size perfect...the scent perfect...and unique...so just like the leaves each individual rose have their own identity too. In short no two roses are the same although they come from the same stem ! Amazing ....isn'nt it? I just could not find any imperfection in them . Mashaalah...Subhanallah....
a perfect creation

I began to see my relationship with plants and roses in relation to perfection. Thinking aloud I thought , roses are perfect creation of Allah, no doubt about it but on the other hand some would say  it has to be tendered with love and care for it to bloom beautifully. It still would require human intervention in terms of knowledge in caring like  pruning and manuring etc.  Looking at it from the angle of face value I agree totally. But if you observe carefully  you will  realize that human intervention only happens  in situation where we  try to grow roses ourselves in controlled environment.  Somehow roses that grow in the wild, in their natural habitat they require no human intervention and  they are even more beautiful. Why? Because where human has not interfered there is balance in nature, in other words all is perfect,as Allah had created in the first place, all in perfect balance.

double delight

However after giving it a deep thought I think  unlike the rose I cannot strive to be a perfect person in whatever I say or do ...because I am just human .....what I can try to do is to strive to be better...a better person....in my relationship with others and more important in my relationship to the one who created me ....Allah. The rest just leave it to HIM That makes me feel much  better ...I do not know whether you feel the same...

FB

No comments:

Post a Comment